Sunday, January 23, 2011

Thankful

I am blown away by how much people love on us sometimes. Perfect example was this week. Patrick and I have both been sick this week so as you all know that means essentially nothing but the criticals get done. So no grocery shopping, minimal laundry (except sheets and bedding cause Im afraid we are just passing it back and forth) but I really have been slackin when it comes to the "wife" stuff this week...anyone else have weeks like this?? Anywho, today a great friend of ours sends me a text that says "We are stopping by after church you guys have room in your freezer?" So Im thinkin oh how sweet they are bringing us a dinner. Oh how I underestimated that! Precious Jodi brought us SIX meals for our freezer...and not just your classic lasanga either! We got stuff like Bourbon chicken and Rice and Thai Peanut Pork. Woot Woot! It's like having a baby all over again but instead of having to have a reason to serve us, they saw we were down for the count and stepped up to help out. As of lately, I have really been examining what true community is and what that looks like and I just smile and Praise God when I get to see it in action. What a great example (and not to mention Patrick is thrilled cause I am pretty sure he doesn't have the same stamina to live off Ramen like I do haha). Although an act that seemed to be so little I really just need to put it out there and say it is that small stuff like taking care of fellow family goes a long long way. I urge any of you reading this to look for someone in your life that is struggling and do something, small or big, to help them out. Happy serving :)

1 comment:

  1. It warms my heart that you have friends that are taking care of you when you need some "loving". I know that you will reciprocate when you have an opportunity!

    ReplyDelete