Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Already END of May?!

Oh my goodness- its already the end of May and the last time I wrote on here it was FEBRUARY!! How is that even possible? Time is flying...I write today because I am going to be completely honest, there is a  ton of housework that needs to get done but I am delaying the inevitable and finding it hard to get motivated to sweep and clean the house again (does anyone else feel like all they do is clean sometimes?? And East isn't even Mobile yet! Yipes!) I do love that now we are settled in the house we have definately had a chance to have more people over and entertain more. I am hoping that summer time equals tons of bbq's outside and the backyard will come together as more of a hang out place too. I am learning that when you buy your own house there is a never ending list of things that could be done to improve it and right now I am itching to get our backyard more hospitable. Not that its bad or anything- it just needs some tlc and a deck..and some patio furniture...and a garden...and a pergola (SEE?! My list just keeps getting longer) Patrick said I need to chose just one project to start at but they all seem to intertwine so I just can't make up my mind!! :)

Other news- East is getting ready to crawl, or at least I think he is (then again I have thought he was teething for the past ummm 2 months and we still have yet to cut any teeth! so it could just be wishful thinking!) Although Im going to be honest- I am not sure I am ready to  have him getting into everything. It's insanely hard as it is to keep the dog hair picked up and cords out of his reach.. I guess this is just another step in being a parent is learning how to accomodate right?

Work is goin well I have become a shift supervisor at the Starbucks and to be quiet honest it has worked out like a charm. Im working Mon Wed Fri (sometimes Sunday but rarely) and only working 16 hours a week. It's  nice to have some away Adult time and Patrick watches East when Im at work so we don't have to worry about childcare which is a huge blessing (mostly too because who would I be able to find to watch him when i go to work at 5a???) I thought i would hate working and being away but making coffee and hanging out with the people at work is something I look forward to *MOST days that is :)

I go to Denver next week and I am unbelievably excited. Although it's just me and East, Patrick can't take off work for that long-it will be great to see family and my grandpa is going to get to meet Easton for the first time!! There is something about now that we have East I find myself missing my momma and dad more and more.. There are so many day to day things I wish they could see and I want Easton to know them and have childhood memories of his Lita and Papa. But I know the Lord has us here for a reason and thank goodness for Skype.Guess this just means we have to make the most of visits down :)




Ok I have procrastinated long enough..the floors are calling my name and East will be waking up any minute so I should be capitalizing on getting stuff done now :) Until next time....

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see you Kedron and can't wait to meet Easton (sad that Patrick won't be there). It has been such a long time! Safe travels
    Love You, Kedran

    ReplyDelete