Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Is it just me??

So now that i'm a mom I realize with the good comes the bad...the culprit this week: being judgemental. Not that I was 100% judgement free pre-Easton but now I can't look at other babies and not think to myself "Eastons way cuter" or "what a cutie..BUT not as cute as my little man." I even compared him to the gerber baby commercial kids and babies!! (And yes- he is oodles cuter than them all...) It's like he sets the bar and all fall short haha. I am guessing all mom's feel like this but now saying it out loud (slash typing for all the world to see) makes me feel like a terrible person. Do any of you other moms do this?? Am I alone with my baby-judgemental spirit?? And now that he's laughing and smiling, it's like I am falling more in love with this kid! Now everyone I know will probably wonder what I really think of their kids (yes Mer I truly do think Gid is a cutie:)!) but Im just being honest here- anyone else with me on this??

Life here is good as we settle into me working. Like I mentioned, Easton LAUGHED the other day at Patrick (so far Patricks the only one who can make him giggle...not that Im bummed out about that or anything..I mean it's not like I spend all day with him or anything...nope- im not bitter...hehe) but it is just adorable. Its like a giggle that builds up to a straight up laugh! Nothing else is new though :) Hope everyone is gearing up for Christmas ok!

1 comment:

  1. :) Ben was the only one who could get both boys to laugh for at least the first few weeks after they really started laughing...it must just be a boy thing. Don't feel bad...you will be funny in a couple months. :) And, yes, every mom thinks their kids are cuter than any other...kinda part of your job as the mom, in my opinion. A few days after Jack was born and we were still in the hospital, my mom came into our room and said she had just been talking to another couple who were there visiting their new grandson also. She said "they showed us a picture. He's a cutie. Not as cute as our baby, but he's cute." :) I really think that's how it's supposed to be, so don't feel bad about that either! lol :)
    -Jen Hector

    ReplyDelete