Friday, December 3, 2010

Talent Show

I feel like you never realize when you are a kid that there is really only a small window of time when you can do stupid/silly stuff and it be ok. Lately I have been feeling like choreographing a dance routine (random- I realize but I just bought a cd that has the best of Jock Jams and I find myself saying "5-6-7-8" to the beat of songs like Another Night by Real McCoy and dancing around my kitchen while my son looks at me like I am crazy) but this has got me thinking...why can't adults have talent shows? Why is it only ok for a high school or middle schooler to make a fool of themselves in front of their friends? When you're an adult making a fool of yourself infront of your friends it usually means getting drunk and well since my drinking days are done when do I get to show case my quirks infront of others?? Am I really going to just have to reserve my dances to holding Easton in our kitchen whilest dancing around and singing?? Where might a sober adult who has the urge to be silly showcase her abilities?? When you get married does that mean no more sleep overs with your girlfriends and dancing to Backstreet Boys?? *sigh* Sometimes being an adult is lame.

4 comments:

  1. You can bring your dance talent to Saturday Night Dinner tomorrow night. It will be perfect. As for a sleep over once your married, thats called GIRLS WEEKEND!!! We need to get one on the books asap!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear ya Keje. And from someone who, as an adult, has not only choreographed dance routines with her friends, but recorded it too... no one thinks it's cool except the people in the video. mostly you just get made fun of. Why do I feel like a fundraiser is coming on? Know anyone raising support?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll be in a dance routine with you two! I think that this would be worth paying to see :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Umm, Christmas. Talent Show. Yes please.
    kirst

    ReplyDelete